Graduate Functional Safety Engineer
Oil & Gas Business Unit
ARC are looking for a graduate safety consultant to join our experienced team in Perth (WA).
Abbott Risk Consulting (ARC) is one of the largest independent safety consultancies in the world, providing safety engineering, human factors and cyber security consultancy services to the Transportation, Oil and Gas, Green Energy, Nuclear and Defence sectors.
ARC was established by John Abbott in 2002 as a flat organisation dedicated to excellence but also to becoming an enjoyable place to work where staff would have opportunities to travel, gain cross-industry experience.
With an ethos of openness, honesty and treating every member of the team fairly, and shares in the Company for all employees, the Company grew quickly and now has a turnover in excess of AU$60 million. The company's success reflected in an impressive financial track record, low staff turnover and a loyal client base. This success has also been recognised by the UK Sunday Times who have regularly recognised as on the top UK companies to work for in the UK and by the London Stock Exchange Group who identified ARC as being as one of the top 500 companies to “inspire Britain” in 2015.
It goes without saying that ARC is an equal opportunities employer.
Although the Company was founded in Edinburgh, Scotland, ARC soon opened offices across the UK, and ultimately across Australia. ARC's expansion into Australia has played a major part in the company's growth and our operations in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney continue to grow strongly today.
Essential Skills & Experience: The Role
- Degree qualified at master's level in Engineering or Science.
- Knowledge and interest in a broad range of safety engineering principles and methods and their role and application within major hazard industries.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to conduct assignments in parallel.
- Willingness to travel away in support of assignments as required.
- Friendly, self-starting, and positive attitude.
- Ability to travel in support of assignments and to liaise with clients.
- Confident written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and initiative to work independently as well as part of a team.
- 38 days flexible leave allowance including public holidays and accrual of Long Service Leave Company.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Paid membership of up to three professional bodies related to your role.
- Life Assurance Cover equivalent to 4 times your salary subject to terms and conditions.
- Travel insurance for you, and your dependents for personal holidays including most recreational activities such as water sports and winter sports as well as business travel for yourself.
- An active commitment to your personal development including funded training.
- A flexible working culture designed around the way you work best.
- Shares in ARC subject to the rules of the Company Shares.